Differences between UI UX
Differences between UI UX and what is User Experience Design?
User eXperience design is a human-first way of designing products.
As is seen on Wikipedia:
- User experience design is the process of enhancing customer satisfaction and loyalty. That way we are improving the usability, ease of use, and pleasure provided in the interaction between the customer and the product.
UX Design encompasses any and all interactions between a potential or active customer and a company.
Here is a cliff notes example of a UX Designer’s responsibilities:
Strategy and Content:
- Competitor Analysis
- Customer Analysis
- Product Structure/Strategy
- Content Development
Wireframing and Prototyping:
- Development Planning
Execution and Analytics
- Coordination with UI Designer(s)
- Coordination with Developer(s)
- Tracking Goals and Integration
- Analysis and Iteration
- User Experience Design is the process of development of quality interaction between a user and all facets of a company.
- User Experience Design is responsible for the process of research, testing, development, content, and prototyping.
What is UI Design?
The question of “ What is user interface design? ” is difficult to answer by its ranging variety of misinterpretations. User Interface Design is its compliment, the look and feel, the presentation and interactivity of a product. To the extent that different job posts will often refer to the profession as completely different things.
If you look at job posts for UI Design, you will mostly find interpretations of the profession that are akin to graphic design.
If you look at expert definitions of UI Design, you will mostly find descriptions that are in part identical to UX design. Even referring to the same structural techniques.
Which one is right? The sad answer is: Neither
Let’s have a quick look at the UI designer’s responsibilities:
Some UI responsibilities:
- Customer Analysis
- Design Research
- Branding and Graphic Development
- User Guides/Storyline
Responsiveness and Interactivity:
- UI Prototyping
- Interactivity and Animation
- Adaptation to All Device Screen Sizes
- Implementation with Developer
As a visual and interactive designer, the UI role is crucial to any digital interface and for customers a key element to trusting a brand.
- User Interface Design is responsible for the transference of a brand’s strengths and visual assets to a product’s interface as to best enhance the user’s experience.
- UI Design is a process of visually guiding the user through a product’s interface via interactive elements and across all sizes/platforms.
- UI Design is a digital field, which includes responsibility for cooperation and work with developers or code.
The UX is a new concept in the IT industry. The main work of the UX designer is to see the acceptability of the product among the customers. The aim of the team is to look after the functionality, benefits and acceptance by analysis and surveys.